The Pitt County Center Local Foods contact is Leigh Guth.
We don't have any news posted under Local Foods, but we're always writing new content so please check back soon.
Learn More Using the Resources Below
- Local Food -- a Flagship Program for North Carolina Cooperative Extension
- NC Community Gardens
- NC Fresh Produce Safety
Key Local Food Topics
- Local Food System Supply Chain
- NC Organizations and State Partners
- Nutrition and Health
- Strong Communities
- Youth, Families and Communities
Publications, Information, and News
- Backyard Flocks and Eggs (from poultry.ces.ncsu.edu)
- From Farm to Fork: A Guide to Building North Carolina's Sustainable Local Food Economy
- Growing Small Farms - NCCE Chatham County Center
Recent Publications related to Local Foods
This factsheet summarizes the benefits of fruit and vegetable gardening with children. It includes age-appropriate …
This publication provides information about how producers can prepare for selling produce to wholesale distributors. …
This publication includes simple recipes that childcare center cooks and educators can use to engage …
This publication provides information about planning and maintaining a home vegetable garden. Topics include site …
List of items that can and cannot be composted at home.