Pitt County 4-H Fall Programs and Events 2022
El inglés es el idioma de control de esta página. En la medida en que haya algún conflicto entre la traducción al inglés y la traducción, el inglés prevalece.
Al hacer clic en el enlace de traducción se activa un servicio de traducción gratuito para convertir la página al español. Al igual que con cualquier traducción por Internet, la conversión no es sensible al contexto y puede que no traduzca el texto en su significado original. NC State Extension no garantiza la exactitud del texto traducido. Por favor, tenga en cuenta que algunas aplicaciones y/o servicios pueden no funcionar como se espera cuando se traducen.
English is the controlling language of this page. To the extent there is any conflict between the English text and the translation, English controls.
Clicking on the translation link activates a free translation service to convert the page to Spanish. As with any Internet translation, the conversion is not context-sensitive and may not translate the text to its original meaning. NC State Extension does not guarantee the accuracy of the translated text. Please note that some applications and/or services may not function as expected when translated.Collapse ▲
Join Pitt County 4-H this fall for in-person special interest clubs, special events, parents night out and more!
About this Event
Join us for our 2022 Fall Programs and Events series where we offer face-to-face educational opportunities for youth to actively create lasting memories through engaging fun and hands-on activities.
For more information, you may contact the local 4-H office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 252.902.1709
- The location of the program will be listed on the ticket. All the programs will take place in Pitt County.
- Youth must be enrolled in 4-H Online as a “club member” to sign up (via 4-H Online 2.0). Please select ” Pitt County Member at Large ” as your “club” to complete your registration. If the health form is not filled out – your registration will not be complete.
- Each youth must bring their own lunch, water bottle, snack, or sunscreen as needed for the program – unless otherwise noted.
- Pitt County 4-H follows the Pitt County School COVID-19 safety precautions and guidelines.
- Youth must be the age listed by the time of the program
- Parents/Guardians will need to complete a separate registration for each youth participant.
- For all programs activities, Pitt County 4-H, its staff and volunteers ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE for sunburn or insect bites and WILL NOT administer either sunscreen or insect repellent. The parent/guardian is responsible for providing/applying those protective agents.
- All program operate under the 4-H Code of Conduct and Disciplinary Procedure which is a condition of participation in 4-H events and activities.
- We reserve the right to suspend your child from the program without refund should he/she become disruptive and or violate 4-H Code of Conduct in any way. If a child is dismissed from the program, then the parent/guardian or a designee must pick the child up immediately.
Sew Sew Halloween
- Friday, October 14th
- Time: 9 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Ages: 10 and up
- Location: 403 Government Circle, Greenville, NC 27834
- Cost: $20.00
- Has your child been wanting to learn how to sew? Then ” Sew Sew Halloween” is just the camp for you! The first part of class will focus on learning the sewing machine and creating a cute Halloween pillow. The second part of the class will include a fun halloween snack, costume masks, and other halloween crafts. No sewing experience is needed.*It’s always good to get practice and learn on the machine they’ll be sewing on at home, so bring it with you. Don’t have a machine? We can provide your child with one to use for the duration of camp.*
Spooky STEM Day
- October 15, 2022
- Time:10:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
- Ages 5-12
- Location: Pitt County Cooperative Extension Office
- Cost: $15.00
- Youth ages 5-12 are invited to join Pitt County 4-H for our Spooky Adventure Day Camp, where we’ll perform fun hands-on activities that teach basic science principles. We’ll get ready for Halloween with mysterious experiments, spiders, bats, bones and pumpkins. We will also learn how to make some spine tingling snacks.
- Please wear closed toe shoes.
- Dates: October 18, October 25, November 1, November 8
- Time: 4:00 p.m.-5:30 p.m.
- Ages: 5-7
- Location: Pitt County Cooperative Extension Office
403 Government Circle, Greenville, NC 27834
- What is a CloverQuest? CloverQuests are designed to introduce cloverbuds (youth ages 5-7) to 4-H projects in was that is flexible and developmentally appropriate.Our First Quest will be Exploring Food! In this quest Cloverbuds are developing healthy eating habits! This quest will expose youth to healthy foods from around the world as we read stories and create experiments that celebrate food in many cultures!
- Please wear closed toes shoes and bring hair tie if child has long hair.
*Additional Quests will be offered throughout the year such as: Career Awareness, Cultural Competency, STEM, Exploring History, Global Thinking, and Exploring the Arts.
- December 22&23
- Time: 9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
- Ages: 9-12
- Location: Pitt County Extension Office: 403 Government Circle, Greenville, NC
- Cost: $30.00
- In this 2-day workshop, participants will learn how to make, bake, assemble and decorate a holiday-inspired gingerbread house . On day one, youth will learn how to prepare the cookie dough, roll, cut, and bake the cookie walls and roof, make the royal icing glue, and create their house design. Day 2 youth will work in teams to assembling and decorating the final house based on the holiday challenge theme!
- Wear close toed shoes and bring hair tie if child has long hair.
2022 Cancellation Policy
When you enroll your child in our program, you are reserving space, time, snacks/meals, supplies, and staffing whether or not your camper attends the program. In order to cancel a Camp Session, Pitt County 4-H will use the following deadlines for cancellations.
|Cancellation Deadline||Registration Fee|
|2+ Weeks Prior to Program||100% Refund|
|1 Week Prior to Program||50% Refund|
|Less than 7 days before Program||No Refund|
Please contact Lauren Dail at (252) 902-1712 or email@example.com for program cancellation concerns.
NC State University and N.C. A&T State University work in tandem, along with federal, state, and local governments, to form a strategic partnership called N.C. Cooperative Extension, which staffs local offices in all 100 counties and with the Eastern Band of Cherokee Indians.
Read our Privacy Statement.
N.C. Cooperative Extension prohibits discrimination and harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, and veteran status.
Individuals with disabilities are invited to request reasonable accommodations to participate in Extension sponsored programs and events. Please contact the county Extension office offering the program at least 14 days prior to the event to make arrangements.